Rewarding Criticism of Jokowi Era BUMN, Erick Thohir Opens His Voice

Minister of State-Owned Enterprises (BUMN) Erick Thohir responded to presidential candidate in the 2024 Presidential Election (Pilpres) Ganjar Pranowo who commented on the fate of state-owned companies in the era of President Joko Widodo (Jokowi). Erick explained that currently many state-owned companies in the works sector have received assignments. Apart from that, he has also only served as Minister of BUMN for 4 years and is committed to continuing to improve and revitalize BUMN in its sick condition. "Yes, it's like this, if I look at these BUMNs, there are a lot of assignments. I'm building assignments, and as a minister who has only been in office for four years, I'm trying to continue to improve the condition of the existing BUMNs," he said in Jakarta. , Thursday (9/11). According to him, the statement made by Ganjar Pranowo was not negative. Ganjar only wants BUMN in the work sector to be better in the future. "I'm sure Mr. Ganjar's statement was not negative, I and Mr. Ganjar are close. But what he said was that BUMN Karya must be better in the future, I agree," he said. Erick said that his party would continue to make improvements, such as the government's assignment to build toll roads to make them more feasible and transparent. "If it is feasible, of course we will take corporate action. If it is not feasible, then the government will be present," he added. Erick emphasized that assignments in infrastructure development take a long time, in fact they take around 6 to 8 years. Erick added that his party is open to suggestions and criticism from various parties, including the presidential candidates who will run in the 2024 presidential election. "So these are things that I feel like criticism and suggestions for, I'm open to, now it's the election era. There will definitely be Mr. Anies saying something, Mr. Ganjar talking about something, Mr. Prabowo talking about something. As a professional minister, I have to accept input and criticism. , or suggestions, because this is the dynamic that is happening," he said. Erick tried to convince the presidential candidates that in the last four years BUMN was heading in a very good direction. "The results are already there, but are there still shortcomings? Yes, there definitely are, perfection only belongs to Allah SWT, so I am open," he concluded. Previously, Ganjar said that many BUMN Karya had gone bankrupt due to infrastructure development. According to Ganjar, this also happens because all projects are held by state officials. As a result, there are a number of parties "playing". "This is what I mean as something prudent. We must not be careless," he said. Currently, many state-owned companies rely on the APBN safety net. As is known, when problems occur, the government injects capital. Ganjar also quipped that state-owned companies that suffer losses do not receive sanctions. "Is there a penalty for them [BUMN], if you don't perform, you don't get paid?" he said. Therefore, said Ganjar, later he will study BUMN Karya companies. In that case he will rely on his partner in the 2023 presidential election, Mahfud MD. As is known, in the last year problems have been revealed at a number of BUMN Karya. This results in everything from piling up vendor debts to failure to pay debt securities.

Post a Comment for "Rewarding Criticism of Jokowi Era BUMN, Erick Thohir Opens His Voice"